Aicha Toure: Sebastiào Salgado

 -Sebastiào Salgado(2008)

The image above was taken by Sebastiào Salgado in Alaska. This scenery is so beautifully captivated that I was drawn to it immediately. the contrast in this image is also so fascinating and just makes the picture even more fascinating. Sebastiào Salgado is a Brazilian photographer who even took his talents to the big screens. A lot of his work is in black and white and is heavy in contrast, detail, and exposure. Specifically in the image above, I really appreciate the level of detail that is in the mountains and the clouds. Think that's what gravitated towards me when I first saw the image. Sebastiao Salgado has many works that are similar to do this and his techniques are so beautiful to me. The image itself makes me feel like something special is coming towards me. I say that because of the bright light that's found the end of the stream and mountains. It makes me think of the saying, "there is light at the end of the tunnel." When I think of landscape images, this is what comes to mind, or an image of a skyline.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aicha Toure: Herb Ritts

Aicha Toure: Lee Friedlander

Aicha Toure: Ralph Gibson