Aicha Toure: Herb Ritts

Herb Ritts (1988)

This is image was taken in 1988 by Herb Ritts. Out of the many works that I seen by this photographer, this is one of the pictures that I gravitated towards. The reason I chose this image was because of the level of detail that can be seen in the water droplets, the water itself, and his hair. In his image, I noticed that Herb Ritts seemed to focus on the subjects physique more than his face which leads me to believe that the subject might be a swimmer if I'm not mistaking. This picture is an example of environmental portrait because the subject if a person and surrounding him is water. I really appreciate the individual features of water droplets and how smooth the water looks. I'm not sure of the man is standing up and getting watered down or if he is doing some sort of swim move. I believe that this brings a different interpretation of the picture. I also like that the man seems to be halfway in the water yet all of him is wet. This image is very interesting and different.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aicha Toure: Lee Friedlander

Aicha Toure: Ralph Gibson