Aicha Toure: Lee Friedlander

 1996 NY, Lee Friedlander 


In 1996, Lee Friedlander an American artist and photographer took this self portrait of himself driving through New York. Compared to other self portraits that I have seen, this picture to me looks kind of intense. maybe it is his body position, lighting, or facial expression but immediately I got an intense feeling from the image. I like that he chose to capture an image of himself from outside this car instead of inside. It shows me that he is performing some action and it brings in more detail to the image. I appreciate the artistic view of Lee Friedlander. Also I really like the contrast and the different shades of grey. The in between is what brings the image altogether and defines the meaning more. I appreciate his artistic choices and I hope to create images with inspiration to his art

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aicha Toure: Herb Ritts

Aicha Toure: Ralph Gibson