Aicha Toure: Ralph Gibson












-Ralph Gibson

This image was taken by American photographer Ralph Gibson. Ralph Gibson is known for his images that have a lot of negative/positive space. The negative/positive space that's in the image allows you to focus straight at what it is that you can see. In this case, the focus is on the man who seems to have a spotlight on himself. This image caught my eyes because of the choices he made. The negative/positive space surrounding the man makes me give my attention all to him and I think that was the idea of the image. This image is an example of a silhouette, artificial light, framing, and negative/positive space. There is so many elements in the image that allows you to interpret it in different ways. I believe the man is in his own spotlight because his head is help up high. I also noticed that the circle object in the background is a lantern and that is why the man looks like a silhouette.  I really appreciate the artistic choices of the photographer and how he was able to capture the image.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aicha Toure: Herb Ritts

Aicha Toure: Lee Friedlander